Tuesday, September 10, 2019

That Kid

Today started with tears.  Mine.  That Kid was in my bed.  He wakes up full of energy.  You can hear the announcer say "LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMMMMMMBLLLLLLLE!" As soon as his eyes open.  He's playing around & I get a donkey kick to the fucking jaw before I even leave the bed. He didn't mean to, but it hurt like Hell none the less.  I yell to That Kid "GET OUT OF MY ROOM! NOW!"  I hear him saying "I'm Sowwy Mommy." I look up to see his eyes welling up with tears as he leaves the room.  I put my head down & cry.  I cry because it physically hurt & because I think "Here we go again.  It's going to be one of those days.  I'm waking up already defeated."  I take a few breaths & walk out of the bedroom without wiping my tears.  He needs to see that his physical actions can hurt someone.  His sweet voice says "Take two deep breaths & calm down Mommy. I'm weawwy sowwy Mommy"  This is my voice coming out of his little mouth & it makes me smile.  I explain yet again thinking about our actions & making good choices.  He agrees & says he understands.  I tell him I love him & ask what he wants for breakfast.  I send him off to play with hug while I start cooking. We're back to good.

I start making breakfast & I hear a knocking sound from the living room.  I walk in to see him taking one of Daddys hammers to the drywall.  The sharp side.  The same hammer I took away from him yesterday telling him to not to touch them again without Daddy.   I yell to That Kid "STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"  "IT'S DEMO DAY, MOMMY!!!"  What. The. Fuck.  Thanks Chip Gaines!  All the screening we do on the TV & Electronics & Fixer Upper Button Hooks us. That. Kid.

This isn't every day.  Today is just one of "those days".  Now, there's never a day that he isn't with the bullshit.  But some days are just much more full of shit than others.  That Kid.  We all have one, Right?  Maybe not quite to the degree of mine, but we all have one.  If you think you don't you are either blind or only have one child.  You can't judge your parenting by the first one.  That first one is magic.  They aim to please.  Mine even slept through the night at 3 days old.  I was always rested & happy & looking good.   I thought we were the best parents in the world when we only had one.  I would judge your shitty parenting & naughty kids like no other.  Don't worry, God decided knock me off of my high horse by blessing me with That Kid.  Not just knock me off my high horse.  He took the whole damn horse away along with any bit of pride or sanity I had left when he gave me That Kid.

That Kid is loud.
That Kid can't sit still. He has energy coming out his ears.
That Kid is messy.  He can't eat or play outside without getting covered in mess.
That kid is rough.
That Kid can be defiant.
That Kid can ignore you like no other.
That Kid loves to fight, hit, kick & wrestle & he does it with a smile on his face.
Infact That Kid always has a smile on his face.
That Kid is Happy.
That Kid Loves Life.
That Kid Loves His Family & Will Defend Them Fiercely.
That Kid Is Funny.  HILARIOUS!  You never know with will come out of That Kids Mouth.
That Kid Will Make You Laugh Until You Cry.
That Kid Is A Snuggler.
That Kid Loves Hugs, Kisses, & I Love Yous.
That Kid Is Passionate.  He does everything with his Whole Heart.  Playing, Fighting, Wrestling, Having A Meltdown, Loving.
That Kid Feels Everything Deeply.
That Kid Forgives.  He loves you unconditionally.
That Kid Says Please & Thank You.
That Kid Loves Bad Words & Loves To Praise Jesus In The Next Breath.
That Kid Adores His Mommy & Thinks His Daddy Hung The Moon.
That Kid Loves Man Stuff & Is Always His Daddys Shadow.
That Kid Is Smart.  If you teach That kid anything about Farming, Or Mechanics, Or Construction, any "Man Stuff" he will remember it word for word.
That Kid is always up for a adventure.  No matter where you're going or what you're doing he wants to Help or Go With.
That Kid is MAGIC.
That Kid changed my life.  He humbled me. He made me a better parent.  He made me learn to let go.
Let go of my fears.  Let go of my rules.  Let go of my plan.  Let go of what I thought parenting had to be.
That Kid has taught me to appreciate the great times & hold on through the rough times.
That Kid has my heart forever.
That Kid is going to be something Amazing.
That Kids Spirit & Drive is something I pray will never change.  I pray God will lead me direct all of the Magic that is That Kid to the Greater Good.
The days are long, but years are short...  Calling some of these days long, is an understatement. Yet I wouldn't change That Kid for the world.
Except for the Donkey Kicks to face that is.  That shits not gonna fly.  Mamma still runs this Bitch.

Blessings,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment