Sunday, September 8, 2019

Mandy! Watchu Doin Gurrrrrl?! (The Mandy Plan)

The actual answer "Fuck, I don't know.  Winging it mostly."  People having been asking for more details of the When, What, Where's & Hows of the way I eat.  "Are you Keto?  Are you Wheatbelly?  Are you Trim Healthy Mama?"  The answer is Yes... And No.  Super helpful, right? Here's the thing, I am Low Carb, Sugar Free, & Grain Free.  I have taken aspects of all these eating plans, along with Intermittent Fasting & Portion Control and created what works for Me.  If following certain plan to a T, is what works for you.  That is Awesome.  I am cheering you on! The good news is, if you follow one of those plans, my recipes won't derail you.  They should be able to fit in there someplace. But, I have tried enough diets to know what does & doesn't work for me, and what I am and am not capable of sticking to.  So, here are some of My Rules for My Way Of Eating.

1.  I never eat Sugar or Grains.  Period.  I make no exception to this rule.  Ever.  I look at every label on every item I put in to my mouth.  The only time I do not look at label is if we are out to dinner.  At that time I will make the best logical choice that I can assume would fall in to my Way Of Eating.  For instance, if I eat Pizza Topping.  I don't know whats in The Sauce or The Meat.  Or I may eat a salad no knowing 100% what's in the dressing.  But, I'm making the best choice I can in the moment.

2.  I only use Stevia or Erithritol for Sweetener.  I think Monkfruit would be OK too.  I use nothing else.  My one guilty pleasure would be a Diet Pepsi once or twice a month if we are out for dinner.  The Sweetener in Diet Soda is poison & awful for you.  If you asked me if you should drink Diet Soda, I would tell you unequivocally NO.  But, I like it once in awhile.  I'm not perfect.  Shoot me.

3. I cannot eat a Super High Fat Diet.  Now I don't shy away from fat.  I cook with Avocado Oil.  I use Real Butter & Full Fat Dairy.  But I cannot eat a Shit Ton of Fat.  Especially Animal Fat.  It will have me puking & pooping at the same time.  I am not exaggerating.  See my Bone Broth Fast Blog.  It isn't pretty...
https://mandyatkinson.blogspot.com/2019/08/bone-broth-fasting-holy-shit-literally.html

4.  I rarely eat those Super Cheesy Recipes.  You know the Keto ones where you're making breads, pancakes, whatever that are 90% Cheese & Cream Cheese.  I cannot lose weight eating much of those.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Cheese!  I just won't make it a huge portion of a meal.

5.  I don't measure anything.  When I create a recipe I make sure the ingredients I'm using are Low Carb, Grain Free, & Sugar Free.  But, I do not measure out my portions (I just eyeball them for how much room they are taking up on my plate.  I always use a small plate as well.) or count my carbs to an exact number.  I just know that the foods I'm eating fall in to my Way Of Eating.  I load up on all the Veggies & Meat I want.  I make sure my scoop of Cottage Cheese or Dash Of Heavy Whipping Cream in my Coffee isn't enormous & I do limit my fruit consumption.  Berries, I don't watch too close, but if I'm eating an actual piece of fruit, I'll usually eat half.

6.  I intermittent fast all but maybe 2-4 days a month, when I'll have breakfast with my Family.  I'll have a Cup of Coffee in the morning, limiting the calories in what I add to it, to under 50.  Again, I eyeball this.  I don't measure.   I'll start eating anywhere between noon & 2pm, and I always try to be done before 7.  I usually on eat two meals.  Once in awhile I'll have a snack in between.

7.  I drink 1 serving of Kombucha almost every day. Usually around 3pm.  I don't drink any Kombucha that the label shows a Sugar Content over 8 grams.  Yes, they say that the bacteria eats the Sugar, but I don't fully trust it.  So I just watch that number a little to be safe.

8.  I drink Natural Calm for Magnesium.  That stuff is amazing.  It's great for leg cramps, but also mood boosting.  I don't know the Whys & Hows of it.  I just know I like it.

9.  I rarely drink alcohol.  I'm talking one drink every 2-3 months.  I know my body will hold on to that weight & bloat & not want to let it go for at least a week.  It's not worth it to me.

This is all I can think of for now.  Again, I am not a Dr, Health Coach, or Health Care Professional. I'm just a Gal who's tried about everything & finally figured out what works for my body.   Take it for what it's worth.

Blessings!
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment